GMAT Data Sufficiency
For each landscaping job that takes more than 4 hours, a certain contractor charges a total of r dollars for the first 4 hours plus 0.2r dollars for each additional hour or fraction of an hour, where r＞100. Did a particular landscaping job take more than 10 hours?
(1) The contractor charged a total of $288 for the job.
(2) The contractor charged a total of 2.4r dollars for the job.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B