GMAT Data Sufficiency
Lists S and T consist of the same number of positive integers. Is the median of the integers in S greater than the average (arithmetic mean) of the integers in T?
(1) The integers in S are consecutive even integers, and the integers in T are consecutive odd integers.
(2) The sum of the integers in S is greater than the sum of the integers in T.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C