GMAT Data Sufficiency
There were 2 apples and 5 bananas in a basket. After additional apples and bananas were placed in the basket, the ratio of the number of apples to the number of bananas was . How many apples were added?
(1) The number of apples added was the number of bananas added.
(2) A total of 5 apples and bananas were added.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D