GMAT Data Sufficiency
A total of 100 customers purchased books at a certain bookstore last week. If these customers purchased a total of 200 books, how many of the customers purchased only 1 book each?
(1) None of the customers purchased more than 3 books.
(2) 20 of the customers purchased only 2 books each.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C