GMAT Data Sufficiency
An office supply store received a shipment of boxes of pencils. How many pencils were in the shipment altogether? (1 gross = 12 dozen)
(1) The number of boxes of pencils in the shipment was 6 gross.
(2) There were 3 dozen pencils in each box of pencils in the shipment.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C