GMAT Data Sufficiency
The ratio of the number of women to the number of men to the number of children in a room is 5:2:7, respectively. What is the total number of people in the room?
(1) The total number of women and children in the room is 12.
(2) There are fewer than 4 men in the room.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D