GMAT Data Sufficiency
Sue's monthly earnings consist of a monthly salary and a 4 percent commission on the portion of her monthly sales that is in excess of $2,000. If Sue's monthly salary was the same in July as in August, how much greater were her sales in July than in August?
(1) Sue's monthly earnings were $3,620 in July and $3,580 in August.
(2) Sue's monthly salary was $3,500 in July and in August.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A