GMAT Data Sufficiency
Linda purchased 3 books at a book fair. What was the median price of the 3 books?
(1) The average (arithmetic mean) price of the 3 books was $1.5
(2) The price of one of the 3 books was $1.5
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C