GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the figure shown, the circle has center O and radius 50, and point P has coordinates (50,0). If point Q (not shown) is on the circle, what is the length of line segment PQ ?
(1) The x-coordinate of point Q is – 30.
(2) The y-coordinate of point Q is – 40.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A