GMAT Data Sufficiency
Harvey teaches a certain number of biology students in 2 classes, K and L. He can divide the students in class K into 7 groups of n students each. He can divide the students in class L into 6 groups of p students each with 1 student left over. How many students are in class L ?
(1) n = p
(2) There are 5 more students in class K than in class L.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C