GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the xy-plane, line a and line b have the same slope. If the y-intercept of line a is –1, what is the y-intercept of line b ?(1) The x-intercept of line a is –1.(2) Line b passes through the point (10, 20).
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C