GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the xy-plane, the line k passes through the origin and through the point (a, b), where ab ≠ 0. Is b positive?
(1) The slope of line k is negative.
(2) a ＞ b
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E