GMAT Data Sufficiency
If ¼ of the larger of two numbers is greater than 5 times the smaller of the same two numbers, is the smaller number less than 4?
(1) The larger number is greater than 70.
(2) The larger number is less than 80.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B