GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the price for a certain meal listed on a menu?
(1) The total paid for the meal, sales tax, and gratuity is $10.84.
(2) The sales tax on food is 6 percent.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E