GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the figure above, if x and y are each less than 90 and PS || QR, is the length of segment PQ less than the length of segment SR?
(1) x ＞ y
(2) x + y＞ 90
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A