GMAT Data Sufficiency
Material A costs $3 per kilogram, and material B costs $5 per kilogram. If 10 kilograms of material K consists of x kilograms of material A and y kilograms of material B, is x ＞ y?
(1)y ＞ 4
(2)The cost of the 10 kilograms of material K is less than $40.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B