GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the figure above, segments PQ and PR are each parallel to one of the rectangular coordinate axes. What is the sum of the coordinates of point P ?
(1)The x - coordinate of point Q is -1.
(2)The y - coordinate of point R is 1.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C