GMAT Data Sufficiency
An insurance company has a contract with a medical laboratory to pay a discounted price for a certain medical test performed on patients referred to the laboratory by the insurance company. If the laboratory's original bill for this medical test on a patient referred by the insurance company is $230, what is the percent discount specified by the contract between the laboratory and the insurance company?
(1)The insurance company is required to pay only 20 percent of the original bill for the test.
(2)The insurance company is required to pay $46 for the test.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D