GMAT Data Sufficiency
For a recent play performance, the ticket prices were $25 per adult and $15 per child. A total of 500 tickets were sold for the performance. How many of the tickets sold were for adults?
(1)Revenue from ticket sales for this performance totaled $10,500.
(2)The average (arithmetic mean) price per ticket sold was $21.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D