GMAT Data Sufficiency
If Ann saves x dollars each week and Beth saves y dollars each week, what is the total amount that they save per week?
(1)Beth saves $5 more per week than Ann saves per week.
(2)It takes Ann 6 weeks to save the same amount that Beth saves in 5 weeks.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C