GMAT Data Sufficiency
Ellen can purchase a certain computer at a local store at the price of p dollars and pay a 6 percent sales tax. Alternatively, Ellen can purchase the same computer from a catalog for a total of q dollars, including all taxes and shipping costs. Will it cost more for Ellen to purchase the computer from the local store than from the catalog?
(1)q-p ＜ 50
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C