GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the remainder when the positive integer x is divided by 6?
(1) When x is divided by 2, the remainder is 1; and when x is divided by 3, the remainder is 0.
(2) When x is divided by 12, the remainder is 3.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D