GMAT Data Sufficiency
The number of seats in the first row of an auditorium is 18 and the number of seats in each row thereafter is 2 more than in the previous row. What is the total number of seats in the rows of the auditorium?
(1) The number of rows of seats in the auditorium is 27.
(2) The number of seats in the last row is 70.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D