GMAT Data Sufficiency
In Mr, Smith's class, what is the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls?(1) There are 3 times as many girls as boys in Mr. Smith's class.
(2) The number of boys is 1/4 of the total number of boys and girls in Mr. Smith's class
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D