GMAT Data Sufficiency
If the sequence S has 300 terms, what is the 293rd term of S?
(1) The 298th term of S is -616, and each term of S after the first is 2 less than the preceding term.
(2) The first term of S is -22.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: A