GMAT Data Sufficiency
Terry holds 12 cards, each of which is red, white, green, or blue. if a person is to select a card randomly from the cards Terry is holding, is the probability less than 1/2 that the card selected will be either red or white?
(1) The probability that the person will select a blue card is 1/3.
(2) The probability that the person will select a red card is 1/6.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E