GMAT Data Sufficiency
At a certain company, a test was given to a group of men and women seeking promotions. lf the average (arithmetic mean) score for the group was 80, was the average score for the women greater than 85 ?
(1) The average score for the men was less than 75.
(2) The group consisted of more men than women.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C