GMAT Data Sufficiency
4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22
List M (not shown) consists of 8 different integers each of which is in the list shown. What is the standard deviation of the numbers in list M ?
(1) The average (arithmetic mean) of the numbers in list M is equal to the average of the numbers in the list shown.
(2) List M does not contain 22.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C