GMAT Data Sufficiency
Is the standard deviation of the set of measurements ,,,,.... less than 3 ?
(1) The variance for the set of measurements is 4.
(2) For each measurement, the difference between the mean and that measurement is 2.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D