GMAT Data Sufficiency
Malik's recipe for 4 servings of a certain dish requires 1.5 cups of pasta. According to this recipe, what is the number of cups of pasta that Malik will use the next time he prepares this dish?
(1) The next time he prepares this dish, Malik will make half as many servings as he did the last time he prepared the dish.
(2) Malik used 6 cups of pasta the last time he prepared this dish.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C