GMAT Data Sufficiency
At a certain circus, every child was given either two or three balloons. How many children received three balloons?
1. At the circus, 40 percent of the children received two balloons.
2. A total of 360 balloons were given out to children at the circus.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C