GMAT Data Sufficiency
While on straight, parallel tracks, train A and train B are traveling at different constant rates. If train A is currently 2 miles behind train B, how many minutes from now will train A be 4 miles behind train B?
1. Three minutes ago, train A was 1 mile behind train B.
2. Train A is traveling at 80 miles per hour, and train B is traveling at 100 miles per hour.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D