GMAT Data Sufficiency
In the xy-plane, at what two points does the graph y = (x + a)(x + b) intersect the x-axis?
1. a + b = - 6
2. The graph contains the point (0, -7).
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C