GMAT Data Sufficiency
Several friends in a dinner group decide to contribute equally to the purchase of a $36 gift. How many people are in the group?
(1) The number of people in the group is equal to the size of each person's contribution, in dollars.
(2) If three more people joined the group, each person's individual contribution would fall by $2.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D