GMAT Data Sufficiency
A number of eggs dyed various colors were hidden for an egg hunt. How many eggs in total were hidden?
(1) The number of red eggs hidden is the square of an integer, while the total number of eggs hidden is 24 times that integer.
(2) Exactly 143 of the eggs hidden were not red.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E