GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the volume that a certain jar can hold?
1. The jar currently holds 5 cups of soup.
2. If 2 cups of soup are added to the jar when it is already full of soup, the volume of soup in the jar will double.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B