GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the remainder when the positive integer n is divided by 3?
(1)The remainder when n is divided by 2 is 1.
(2)The remainder when n + 1 is divided by 3 is 2.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B