GMAT Data Sufficiency
The workers at a large construction company reported x percent fewer safety incidents in 2004 than in 2003, and y percent more incidents in 2005 than in 2004. If the workers reported a total of 1,000 incidents in 2003, how many incidents did the workers report in 2005?
1. xy – 50
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B