GMAT Data Sufficiency
The capacity of the river tanker R is 50 percent greater than the capacity of the sea-going tanker S. How many more gallons of oil are currently in tanker R than intanker S?
1. Tanker R is 90 percent full; tanker S is 40 percent full.
2. When full, tanker R contains 40,000 gallons of oil.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C