GMAT Data Sufficiency
Car P and car Q competed in the same 300-kilometer race. What was the average speed of car P?
1. Car P completed the race in 3 hours and 40 minutes.
2. Car Q, at an average speed of 100 kilometers per hour, completed the race 40 minutes before car P crossed the finish line.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D