GMAT Data Sufficiency
If the ratio of job applicants with a doctorate degree to job applicants with an MBA degree for positions at Company G in 1999 was what was the ratio of applicants with a doctorate to applicants with an MBA for positions at company G in 2003?
1. Company G received 20,000 more MBA applicants in 2003 than in 1999.
2. Company G received 2,000 more Ph.D. applicants in 2003 than in 1999.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E