GMAT Data Sufficiency
A direct flight from Lima to Cuzco was diverted to Arequipa due to unexpected bad weather. 163 passengers were on the flight when it finally arrived at Cuzco. How many passengers boarded the flight in Arequipa?
1. When the plane took off from Lima, 184 people were on board.
2. 30 people chose to disembark at Arequipa and did not re-board the flight.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C