GMAT Data Sufficiency
Some tickets to the men's and women's final of a certain tennis tournament are given away, the rest are sold at the box office. The ratio of the total number of tickets to the men's final to the total number of tickets to women's final is 3 to 2. Of the total number of tickets for both finals, what fraction was purchased at the box office?
1. The total number of men's final tickets and women's final tickets is 1240.
2. Of the men's final tickets, exactly 90 percent were purchased, and of the women's finals tickets, exactly 80 percent were purchased.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B