GMAT Data Sufficiency
What is the area of triangle R?
1. The base of triangle R is 15.
2. The ratio of the altitude dropped from the vertex opposite the base is related to the base of R is 5 to 1.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C