GMAT Data Sufficiency
The average (arithmetic mean) of a professor's salary at University M is s. Is the average salary of a professor at University D at least 25 percent higher than that for a professor at University M?
1. At University M, the budget allocates $3,500,000 for faculty remuneration.
2. At University D, the budget allocates $6,000,000 for faculty's salaries.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E