GMAT Data Sufficiency
A yacht club conducts a training race every Friday and Sunday during the summer months weather permitting. If the club was able to conduct a race every Friday and Sunday in the month of July, how many races were there that month?
1. There were five Tuesdays in the month.
2. The twenty-fifth of July was a Thursday.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: B