GMAT Data Sufficiency
Let u,v, and w denote the lengths of three separate line segments. In order for u,v, and w to represent the lengths of three sides of a triangle, what value must v exceed?
1. w= u + 5
2. u = 2 and w = 7
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: D