GMAT Data Sufficiency
How many thousands of gallons of water does a reservoir have?
1. If of the water in the reservoir were released, then the reservoir would be filled to of its capacity.
2. If 60 thousand gallons of water were pumped into the reservoir, it would be filled to capacity.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C