GMAT Data Sufficiency
Last month the Green grocery store sold 1,750 pieces of fruit consisting of apples, oranges and grapefruit. How many apples did the Green grocery store sell last month?
(1) The number of apples sold was four times the number of oranges sold.
(2) The number of grapefruit sold was twice the number of oranges sold.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: C