GMAT Data Sufficiency
On January 1st Thomas deposited $2,000 into an interest bearing checking account. If he made no withdrawals, what was the total amount Thomas had in the checking account on December 31st of the same year?
(1) Thomas deposited an additional $4,000 throughout the year.
(2) The checking account earned 7 percent simple annual interest.
- A Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
- B Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
- C BOTH statement TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
- D EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
- E Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
Correct Answer: E